Jul 6, 2008

Seoul

I am currently in Seoul, South Korea with my wife to present our respective papers at an academic business conference. The conference is held at the JW Marriott Hotel in the Seocho-gu area. It's a pretty nice hotel!

(this explain why there has been no posting for the last few days, in fact the last few weeks given all those things I needed to do before leaving for Seoul).

Leaving last Saturday shortly after midnight the SQ flight was quite as expected. Though flying the cattle class, the seat is arguably better than Qantas, and so are the food and the entertainment system. As it was a long-haul flight, a total of 15 hours, I managed to do a few things on the flight: Going through my student's work, watching a new flick "21", played Zuma, and catching up with business magazines (Forbes, Newsweek, BRW, etc.). During the 3-hour transit in Singapore's new terminal (T3), we managed to have a quick breakfast around 7am: Mee Siam! I know it's unusual to have that for brekkie, but I can tell you it's the best of its kind, nothing like it in Melbourne.

I will try to post more about some of the interesting things I found in Seoul.

No comments: