Jun 6, 2008

Shanghai Airport

The minute I arrived in Shanghai Pudong International Airport, I can't help feeling amazed at the sheer size and beauty of the Shanghai International Airport. It is huge building occupying 3.5 million sqm grassland and has contemporary architecture with silver gray steel roof in vaulted structure and light green glass window throughout (I know this from a brochure, of course). It's so clean, serene, and relaxing. The customs officer who checked my passport was friendly, a bit too friendly I thought; perhaps because in front of them was this electronic feedback system - a switch with four buttons for passengers to press: Greatly satisfied, Satisfied, Check-in time too long, and Poor Customer Service. I managed to press “greatly satisfied” after quickly saying “Xie Xie.”



No comments: